Monday, July 13, 2009

Drying, drying, drying...

So I'm waiting 18-24 hours after putting a coat of Limseed oil on my flute. During this time I've come to the realization that I'm bored so I went and cut down another stalk of bamboo. This time I'm making a pan pipe as the flute dries.

Oddly enough the first pipe sounds much better then the flute did initially. Then again I'm not worrying about drilling holes in it, just sanding it down good and trying to come up with a way to tie them all together nicely once I finish the other pipes. I guess I'll look up pan pipes now to make sure I have the right number of pipes and get the sizes I need for each pipe. :P

Update: Found a guide!

No comments: