Saturday, February 4, 2012

Education In Iraq

Here's an interesting little article on what happened to the Universities in Iraq after the American invasion and occupation. Have a look see.

On a personal note I'm still alive, well, and working. It's like I'm in some sort of bleh zone but not bad just bleh. Anyhow, have a good day everyone.

Edit: I just took a peek at the analytics of this blog. While it's nothing at all to write home about I noticed there are people from way more places in the world then I initially thought would be looking at this thing at least once. Anyway my gift to you in good will is a hello world program in two languages. :)

// Java
public class HelloWorld {

public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.println("Hello world!");
}
}

--
-- PL/SQL
--
SET SERVEROUTPUT ON;

DECLARE

BEGIN
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Hello world!');
END;
/


Huh.. my day feels a little better. Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there, I stumbled across your blog while working on my own. Your gift of "Hello World" made me smile, because I spent last semester learning Visual Basic, and this was the first program that I wrote.

Cheers!